When you’re in a love relationship, it’s important to behave in ways that will help the relationship last. It don’t have to move mountains to strengthen the emotional bond in your relationship. Holding hands together, looking into each other’s eyes, having special dates, and planning a get-away together are all wonderful methods to enhance your emotional intimacy.
Other effective strategies are being honest about your feelings, listening well, and having an equal partnership.
Implementing these tips will help draw you closer together and strengthen your emotional bond:
1. Hold hands when you’re out together. It feels good to demonstrate your love for one another. Plus, when you hold hands, you show the world that the two of you are a closely connected couple. Holding hands is a great way to express your love for each other. Try it and see the difference it makes.
2. Look into your partner’s eyes when you talk to him. As life gets busy, it’s easy to forget to do the little things, like gaze into your partner’s eyes. If you make it a point to look into your partner’s eyes when you speak to him, the two of you will be drawn closer and closer.
3. Keep your relationship fresh by scheduling a special date each week. Plan in advance to do something special together. Whether it’s enjoying a meal at the new gourmet restaurant on Friday night or having lunch and seeing a movie on Saturday afternoon, weekly dates should be common occurrences.
* Your partner will love the idea that you were thinking about what the two of you could do to enjoy each other’s company after a busy work week.
4. Plan a little get-away together. Nothing enhances intimacy like planning a romantic get-away together. Talk about where you want to go and what you want to do when you get there. It’s exciting and fun to think about seeing a new place together that neither of you have seen before.
* It doesn’t have to cost a lot of money – if you live near the seashore, make the drive together and stay over one night. Enjoy the beach, have a nice dinner out and explore the area. If you live near an historic location, spend the day exploring places of historic significance, have a great lunch or dinner and drive back home.
* Whether it’s a day trip or an overnight foray, bring adventure into your lives by investigating new places.
5. Be genuine, open and respectful when sharing your feelings. Tell your true feelings to your mate. They’ll appreciate it if you do it in an honest, non-threatening way.
* Saying something like, “I really appreciate that you prepared my favorite meal when you knew I was having a rough day” or “I’d prefer not to see the combat film; let’s see the comedy instead” shows you feel safe enough in the relationship to be genuine and real with your feelings.
6. On the flip side, listen closely with all your attention. Assume that everything your partner says is important. Stop what you’re doing and pay close attention when they talk. If you’re not sure what they mean, say it back to them just to make sure.
* Saving something like, “Do you mean that you’d rather see the movie at the local theater instead of the one in the city?” will help you clarify what your partner said. You’ll enjoy a more intimate relationship if you both know you’re listening and listened to by the other.
7. Make it a goal to have an equal partnership. If you both give and receive respect to each other, your relationship stands to become very strong and your emotional intimacy level will vastly increase.
* To strengthen and solidify the relationship, accept that neither partner is more important than the other, nor should external family members get in between your relationship.
If you put these strategies to work in your relationship, you’ll experience the most intimate and beautiful love affair you’ve ever desired or experienced!